Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So today was my first day of cooking a weight watchers friendly recipe.  I chose to make one of my favourite dishes ever which is chicken fettuccini.  (for only 9 points)

It was DELICIOUS!!!!  I was surprised at how good it was.  There wasn't enough sauce for my non weight watcher parents though.  I had a bowl of it and didn't even finish it all I was so full.  The secret ingredient was broth.  I know broth works wonders but I would never use it to make a cream sauce.  Now, I will. :)  Anyway, my parents both really loved it.  I was also surprised by that, 'cause they do not want to be effected by my new eating habits.  Tomorrow I'm making coconut lime shrimp over brown rice.  We'll see how that goes.

Now, this whole cooking thing is fun to me.  When I was in high school I had no clue what I wanted to do so I did what most people do, and go to school for something they are good at.  Well, I went to cooking school.  It sucked, worst experience ever.  I'll leave it at that.  However I learned a lot of valuable lessons.  Mostly on how to gain 40 lbs in 8 months.  After my first year I left for several reasons, one major one being that it ruined cooking for me which really sucked.  For years after that I didn't cook.  I didn't do anything from scratch, everything was from a package or from take out or from a restaurant.  Which is also why I gained even more weight.  It's really nice to get back in the swing of things.  I've printed off a whack of recipes that my family will enjoy too.  Like turkey meat loaf and chive potatoes and dill salmon risotto to name a few.  I'm pretty excited to make my own cook book out of recipes that I've tried out that I actually like.  The first one in the book will be the chicken alfredo I made tonight.

Now, like I said yesterday I was going grocery shopping after work tonight.  Good thing I got that GST check because FRICK I spent a lot of money.  Normally when I shop for myself the most it's ever been has been $40 something.  However, I bought groceries for my whole family to eat meals for the next two nights, and stuff for me for a week and a few extra things for my fractured father.  $98 bucks!!!  I was shocked as I swiped my debit card through.  However, I got a lot of WW friendly stuff so that's a plus.  I got weight watchers cookies (bless their souls), ingredients for tonights meal, and for the chicken cordon bleu for tomorrow nights WW friendly meal, fruit and veg, and I bought 8 Smart Ones meals.  They were two for $5.  They have some pretty delicious sounding meals... shrimp and penne in spicy sauce, beans and rice, vegetarian lasagna...  I'm looking forward to trying them all.  OH and angel food cake (YUM!!!) ALSO weight watchers friendly.  WHOOT!

And now, I'm exhausted, so I will relax, watch a movie, and sleep.

Exes and Oh's loved ones! :)

No comments: