Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tootsie Roll

So I was SO CLOSE to working out today.  That sounds awful I know, but my mother doesn't encourage me at all and when she's home I find it hard to walk past her downstairs to work out.  'cause when I come back up an hour later something always comes out of her mouth like "You're not even sweaty."  Or "Maybe you should do another hour."  Now I know I'm sensitive but this ALWAYS upsets me, and it's always been how my mother talks to me. 

So I've come up with a plan, my mom works 10 - 6 this month so I've decided to come home from work, work out for an hour and a half then head back up to my room and change so she doesn't even know I've worked out.  However, that happened last week, I worked out REALLY hard before she came home, came upstairs and changed, then saw her later and she said "You know, you can't just diet, you have to exercise too or else you'll never lose anything." 

Anyway, next month she's supposed to work the same shift as me which means she'll be home 30 mins after I get home from work so I've decided to walk the floors at work, go to the bottom, walk all the way to the other side, take the stairs up, walk all the way across the building, then up the stairs and repeated for all five floors.  I'm getting in some activity however I look like I'm just working walking from one area to the other.  So I'll do that when she's working the same shift as me.  I should pick up a pedometer (hopefully it wont fall in the toilet like the last one).

I wanted to just dance around my room so I went to download some new fun music and remembered there was a song I wanted to download that I heard on our local jazz station here.  Anyway, I downloaded it and everything else by this artist that was available, and I LOVE it.  Her name is Zee Avi, and she's fantastic.  I'm a singer and I've been told on several occasions I have a bluesy/jazzy voice but I never really get to show it off 'cause i'm usually singing gospel or ballads.  I'd really like to try singing jazz in a performance not just in my car.  I just love the way it feels....  If that makes any sense...

Today I had smart ones shrimp in maranara.  it was BRUTAL.  I couldn't even eat it, I had some shrimp and some noodles, gross.  Couldn't handle it.  I also had the chocolate cake tonight, it was alright.  Like I said yesterday, I'm not a huge chocolate fan so...  Anyway, I've decided to go to bed now and get up at 6 and do yoga before I shower.  Good plan?  We'll see how it goes tomorrow morning when I'm trying to roll out of bed.

No comments: